- 300g FairTrade Dark Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 250g Unsalted Butter, chopped into small pieces
- 4 Free Range Eggs with Egg Free Replacer
- 150g FairTrade Caster Sugar
- 150g FairTrade Dark Brown Soft Sugar
- 80g FairTrade Cocoa
- 65g Plain Flour
- (1/4tsp Xantham Gum if using Gluten Free Plain Flour)
- 2 Balls Stem Ginger, finely chopped
- 1tbsp Stem Ginger Syrup
- Icing Sugar for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4 and grease and line a tin approx 20x30cm.
- In a large heavy based saucepan, over a low heat, melt 200g dark chocolate and all of the butter. Stir frequently to ensure its not burning. When its all melted set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together your eggs and sugar and then pour into your chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Sieve your dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and stir together well. Add your remaining 100g chocolate, the finely chopped stem ginger and ginger syrup and mix to combine.
- Pour your mixture into the prepared tin and make sure its evenly spread. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until it has started to crackle on top and is slightly firm on top.
- Once the brownie has cooled, cut into 24 pieces and dust with icing sugar. It tastes amazing with creme fraiche, ice cream, cream or by itself!